May 01, 2012

Design Methods in ART and Design.




My Starting Point!!!

The black and white, tribal figure was my starting image.
From this I took tribes and tribal masks.
After researching through tribes and patterns, I looked at tribal markings and body art.
I found a piece of carpet material that I used to create some of the shapes.
I moved on to disability and looked at spinal injuries/injuries that may put you in a wheelchair.
I drew a spine from some images.
I was really proud of my drawing, what do you think?
This is some of my shape development.
I took spines and placed them on a figure.

The Beginning of my Final Major Project!!!
GENDER.
This is my beginning page.
I found the gender signs interlocking and used them for shape development.
I looked into femininity and masculinity.
For masculinity I looked at Roman's and toga's.
I drew the folds in the toga.
From Toga's I went on to looking at transvestites as men wearing dresses would be known as a transvestite in today's society.
I also looked vaguely at androgyny as it is a trend at the moment for women to dress like men!

My Designs!!!
I used water and inks to create a tie-dye effect on my paper.





I hope you like my work.
Let me know what you think!!

XOXO

No comments: