June 10, 2012

Final Dress Patterns.

The Stress will begin... Now! Ha!

No, I'm joking but I doubt I will have any hair left when this college year is over!

Patterns, patterns, patterns, the beginning of all things amazing...


I drew around the dress block, so the pattern was a whole front and a whole back.


I then added 9cm on to each side of the back, then drew a line up to the underarm line adding flare.


From the right shoulder dart I drew a design line to the left underarm point.


I then traced this off, added the dart notches and a 1cm seam allowance! The SA just gets smaller...Ha!


For the front I traced off the dress and took out the shoulder darts and moved them to about 1cm under the arm hole, I did originally put it under the arm hole but this was too bulky.


I then re-traced the new dress pattern with the moved dart and measured the back shoulder line, this was 8cm and measured it on my front and drew my design line to under the left arm hole like before.


I added the 9cm flare the each side of my front dress pattern and drew a line to under the arm.


I traced this off, added the notches, the 1cm SA and cut out.


Check that the sides meet and that the shoulders meet as one of my sides was slightly off.


I trimmed the difference.


I drew around the sleeve block.


My sleeve.


I then split the two sides of the sleeve into two equal pieces.


I used the slash and spread method and created and very flared sleeve.


I drew in all the lines and notches.


I traced off the sleeve making sure I added all notches and lines.


My sleeve cut out with added 1cm SA and notches.


Patterning Complete!


P.S I have actually finished my patterns, toile and nearly my dress, I am just lagging behind in the blog department. Sorry for the lack of posting recently I will get it up to date as soon as.


Enjoy. Let me know your thoughts.

XOXO

No comments: