September 18, 2011

bal d'étudiants

PROM!!!
During the run up to prom all I could hear was girls asking each other what their dress was like, what colour it was, the fit and shape, most guys didn't really take much interest.
When I was asked I kept saying I'm not sure, because I actually didn't know till about 3 weeks before hand.
I knew I wanted to make my own dress, but didn't know what style, colours, fabrics and design.
I'd gone to see my Aunt in Bollington with my little sister, we went shopping and found a fabric store (I can't remember the name but they were great.) I found pink's, purples, blues, oranges, blacks, whites, everything! I just didn't know what to do...
In the end I chose... Pink, black and white.
I got home after the weekend had finished and sat down and designed several dresses. In the end I didn't use any of these designs as none worked or looked right. Me and Mum made a mock up and got to work tampering and correcting it, it go to four days before and we'd just about got the pieces ready to cut onto my actual fabric., it was stressful, panicky and hard work, my Mum god bless her finished it while I had my hair and make-up done on the day of prom, it was ready about an hour before I got there. If it wasn't for my Mum my dress would never have been ready, I do love that lady!

But heres how it turned out...
The right side.

The back.

The left side.

The front.

The bag I made.

Me with my AMAZING Mummy!

Me with my date (the blonde guy; Steven). 
One of my best friends; Rachel.
Along with Josh; one of the lads.

In the end prom was a night to remember, my CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes made me feel tall for once, I adored my dress and me and the rest of my friends enjoyed ourselves to me max!!!

.X.O.X.O.

No comments: