September 23, 2012

Paper squares and pins!

So following on from draping calico on the stand the other day, on thursday I got given the task of using either squares☐, triangles▲ or circles❍ to create shapes and patterns on the mannequin.
Sounds easy enough right? Yes, well we had to use the Fibonacci Sequence for the size of the shapes.
This is produced by adding numbers for example... 1+1=2, 1+2=3, 2+3=5, 3+5=8, etc. (I actually really enjoyed working out the numbers as I am pretty good at maths.)
I chose the numbers 8, 13, 21, 34 to create my... SQUARES. ☐

Here's how I folded, pinned, positioned and patterned to create unique designs...


I did hip and side panels, by folding the squares into triangle shapes. 


I folded and fanned my squares so they stood out from the mannequin.



For the shoulder I did the same as the hip but with smaller squares.


For the back I did the same as the shoulder and hip but alternating the way I pinned them onto the mannequin. 


The shoulder again, I also folded the corners up to create a different shape.


A better view of the back.


This is my fave picture.

For the front I folded the squares into triangles then folded the triangle back again, this sounds complicated but it's really not too difficult.


For the neck I made lots of folds then pinched the middle to make like a fortune teller that's been unfolded, this also sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. Haha!




I did another hip piece by doing lots of folds, I really liked this shape. This is very origami'ish. 

What do you think?
Have you ever used paper to create and drape on the mannequin?

XOXO

No comments: