January 08, 2013

Getting to grips with the concept of things.

CONCEPT BOARD...

So for my brief at college I have to create and explain my concept and to do this I made a board. 

My concept includes 'The Tales of the Orient', 'Military' and 'Countryside Alliance' trends. 


I created this by finding images of my three trends and the top left corner is Noir which is the brand I am designing and creating a concept board for.
I then painted the cherry blossom over the top of the images and the whole top right of the board although it did get a little fat in the middle which annoys me.

When talking to my tutor we came to conclusion that I should have arranged it differently to put the main focus on what's important and the images that will portray the concept better. I could have added a border and had the important or main images over lapping the border so that the interest is on those as they are in the eye line.
I should have maybe thought out going around the figures on photoshop like I did on the image in the bottom left corner so as to put the focus onto the clothing and the models. 

I like my board but it could have been a lot stronger if I had put more thought into it! If I were to do this again I may even change the paper from landscape to portrait to have less white spaces and even add more images.

What do you think?

Do you create concept boards?

XOXO

No comments: