December 14, 2012

Annie O.

At college I am looking at sustainability and to carry out this research I looked into sustainable designers, I looked into Annie O as one of my designers, she is my may fave of all the designers I researched!



Annie works directly with Artisan's. Artisan's are people that make items that are either strictly decorative or functional. This helps them with healthcare, education, water and energy. She works closely with women who have been the victims of domestic violence to create shawls, clutch bags, other one-of-a-kind pieces and belts.
For Annie O's collections she uses inspiration from the traditional techniques of the artisan communities. A lot of her collections are decorated birds, flowers and dots. Vibrant shades are used and all pieces are made within small family businesses in the Slums of Lima, Peru.




I really love Annie O's work, it'a bright, colourful. vibrant and bold. The work she does is inspiring and very caring. She and her workers create beautiful pieces, that all look like a work of art.

What do you think?

Do you support sustainability?

XOXO

No comments: