December 20, 2012

Copy cat...

For college I have been doing an Illustration brief, for this I have been researching illustrators, recreating their work and using it in my own work to create illustration boards.

I was really proud of this recreation...

Rene Gruau...


This is the Rene Gruau image that I plan to recreate and use in my own work.


This is my sample page, I actually didn't use this eye/mouth, they were too big!


The sample page and actual illustration that I have on a card!!


Here is my recreation sketch, you would not believe how many times it took me to do those eyes! Especially the closed eye on the left! Ha.


This was the face before I revamped it.


The sketch and actual image. I think my recreation has a fatter face and isn't as feminine. 


This is a close up of the face, I really like this image, I am very proud of this outcome as I never usually believe in my drawing. 


This is where I started to add the black paint. I think the eyes went well and look effective. I was very fond of these. 


I added the gorgeous red lips.


The red hat and hair was added next. I love using nice paints, they feel so smooth to paint with! I usually hate paint but this illustration has changed me!



Although you can't tell very well I have added black onto the lips for extra definition, shape and style.


I began to add more black features as you can see. Once again the large area's are such a relaxing section to paint, it feels so relaxing and calming.


The rest of the hat was then added and the mixing section of the glove, that I nearly forgot! Ha.


Nearing the end, I painted the jewellery, which I dreaded the most but I don't think my final outcome is too horrendous! 


The red, feathery dress bit on the bottom of the illustration didn't take long and it was suppose to look textured and a little messy. 


Then finally I added some lighter tones to the dress/feathers for added affect and I'm done!

I was actually really happy with the final out come and was really proud of what I achieved baring in mind I am my own worst critic. 

What do you think?

Who's your favourite Illustrator? I think Rene is one of my top 5!!!

XOXO

No comments: