December 14, 2012

Capsules.


In college I was working on Sustainability. 
Looking into designers, fabrics and trends.
In the end I had to design a capsule collection.

Here are my original designs...




Most of the inspiration for this garment came from the trend 'Tales of the Orient.'
I really am a little obsessed with Frog-Fasteners. 



The lapel on the long dress is taken from older Noir collections and tailoring as it is a large part of Noir.


I dislike the coat design here, I feel it is over powered and I don't believe it fits in with the Noir look.



This is my favourite design; the parka styled coat. 
I just love the shape and style of Parka's.
Again, I added frog-fasteners to the front!



I used this in one of my final outfits as I think the shape works well and the fit is very Noir but with a Jessica edge. At the front it is short and like a peplum, but at the back it is elongated and rounded, I made it off balance to fit in with my design principals.


I used the longer trousers in my collection and took the inspiration from the 'Countryside Alliance trend.'



All my inspiration was taken from Noir's style, and my trends; Military, Tales of the Orient, Countryside Alliance and Black Leather, although the leather didn't come into the designs often as I am doing a sustainable brief and Leather isn't sustainable and I didn't like the details and aspects as the other three, as Countryside Alliance is my favourite.

What do you think?

XOXO

No comments: