April 18, 2012

Did I hear you shout party dress?

Panelled Dress!
Patterning!


To start I drew around the dress block!
These are my back panels.
These are my front panels.
To create the four panels above, is as follows; 
Back
I drew design lines from the top of the dart into the shoulder, and then again from the bottom of the dart down into the side.
I elongated the neck line at the back to make it very pointed.
I then traced off my panels seperately and added a 1.5cm seam allowance.
Front
For the front I did the same as the back and drew design lines from the top of the dart into the shoulder and again from the bottom to the side.
I also elongated the neck on the front but not as low so it isn't too revealing.

Arm hole facing. 
Neck Facing.
To create the pattern pieces for my neck facing I had to use masking tape the piece the two front panels together at the shoulders. As mine is very straight I had to work out how far down to mark it. When I'd done this I drew a line, that was equal all the way round to ensure it was properly patterned.
For the arm hole facing I did the same but taped the two side pieces together at the shoulder and drew a line, equally around the curve as I did on the neck facing. (As you can see above. Sorry if this is confusing, I got confused when doing it. Ha. Ha.) 


Keep a look out for my dress manufacture!
I hope my steps are understandable! 
Let me know what you think!!

XOXO


No comments: