April 06, 2012

Just a cute little dress...

So I originally made this for Valentines day as my boyfriend cooked me a meal and I wanted to look nice but had NOTHING to wear!

Here was my solution... Enjoy!

Using my maxi skirt pattern from a past post, I folded the  'tentacles'  so the skirt of my dress would be shorter.
My back skirt piece all folded and ready to be drawn around.
My beautiful burgundy, velour fabric!
My front skirt piece, with an added 1.5cm seam allowance.
My back skirt piece with the added 1.5cm seam allowance. 
My back skirt piece cut out!
My front skirt piece cut out!
This is my top back piece which along with my top front piece took a long time to figure out!
This is my front top piece. This was such a pain to pattern.
This is the two top pieces all sewn up!
This is all my pattern pieces except the top piece as I only needed on of those.
Sorry about the fabric looking purple it was the flash!
I hemmed the top of both top back pieces before adding my zip.
My second top back piece, hemmed ready for my zip!
In the back I inserted a zip and put this in like an invisible zip.

The first side of my zip.
Second side of my zip finished and the rest of my back pieces has been sewn underneath the zip.
My two front/back skirt pieces sewn together. 
My front/back skirt pieces; front view.
My two skirt pieces sewn together ready for hemming.
Hemming my skirt.
My skirt hem is pinned! This took me AGES!!!

This is where I had a little assistance from my Mum (who when I hopefully become a famous designer will be my seamstress! Ha!Ha!) . My Mum helped me to pin the top to the skirt as they weren't the same size, she helped me put a slight fold in the sides to even the fabric out.
My top and skirt piece all sewn up!
My Final outcome; all glammed  with a black belt and my Audrey Hepburn, watch necklace.
A more close up view of my dress!
I hope you like my dress!
I was really proud of it and found it REALLY comfy!!!

XOXO

No comments: