April 24, 2012

Nadia Flower.


The interview from this website.
Vicky: What drew you to illustration/design? Nadia: I’ve always been a drawer since I was very young and really never ever thought of being anything else but an artist of some sort. Vicky: Do you have any formal design training? Nadia: I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Elam/Auckland University here in New Zealand. Vicky: Where do you live & what drew you there? Nadia: After a few years abroad I’m back living in New Zealand now, attractions are endless; friends, family, summer, beaches, seafood, etc. Vicky: Who or What is your biggest inspiration? Nadia: Fashion, Tokyo, nature and my Husband. Vicky: Do you collect anything? Nadia:Magazines (scary massive collection), images, dresses! Vicky: Do you keep a scrapbook? Nadia: Well not a physical one for a long time, I have a far bigger one on my computer these days.
Vicky: Tell us about a favourite project you’ve recently completed. Nadia: I have just done a beautiful commission for ASOS.COM, illustrating a variety of perfume bottles and my interpretation of their scents emerging from the bottles, it was one of those special jobs with complete creative freedom and was such a pleasure. And along those same lines I’ve just released my own stationery range here in New Zealand which was fun as I barely do any work in New Zealand at all. Vicky: What would be your dream job/commission? Nadia: Working with Japanese designer Tsumori Chisato. Also I would love to work with Australian designers Sass and Bide, and do a T-shirt range with someone! Vicky: How do you think a friend, or professor who knows you well would describe you? Nadia: Overly excitable! And pint-sized! Vicky: If you could take a holiday leaving tomorrow, where would you go & what would you do? Nadia: Oh straight to Tokyo to shop, and get inspiration, hang out with our good friends that live there then to Bali for some beach time. Vicky: Who would you like to have as your muse if your were painting their portrait? Nadia: At the moment it would be Nicole Richie.


I am so jealous of her collaboration with ASOS, I absolutely adore ASOS!
I like Flower's work and feel I maybe relate to her in a way as I drew as a young child, and scribble little idea's all the time, making cute drawings, notes, idea's and designs as they pop into my head!

Inspirational Pieces...










What do you think of her beautiful work? I love it, especially the first and second images!!!


XOXO

No comments: