March 06, 2013

All tied up!

While looking into the 50's I began getting ideas for my own garments, this then led to modelling on the stand. This is what I got from my ideas and research...





The images above are of my modelling on the stand. 
I was creating a sweet heart neckline with a fitted bodice.
I think this worked out well although it was a little miss shaped around the bust. I prefer the more bustier like tops. 




I am really proud of the outcome of tying the fabric around the bust to create a crop top. 
I like bows and this also worked with my 50's theme.






I used Ric-Rac in the images above to create the outline of the bust.
I used Ric-Rac because some of my research reminded me of this and it was a common trim in the 50's.

What do you think?

I really like Ric-Rac, do you?

XOXO

No comments: