March 06, 2013

Hanging around.

Sorry in advance for the skip from 60's to 50's and back again but here is some modelling on the stand I did for my 60's inspired work.

When looking at images from the 60's and the Hippie era many of the garments and trends had fringing and tassels and so I used these to drape on the stand and get some inspiration.

I created a strip of fringing from a piece of calico by cutting up to about 1cm from the edge and then placed it on the Mannequin to created different shapes and features.
Here is my outcome...






I really dislike this outcome as it looks unflattering and unprofessional. 


I really like this out come and this inspires in many ways that I will show in my design work.

I also think this draping works well, and I like the position. 
I really like tassels and fringing, I think it is we festival-like and looks great however it is created. Eg. Ripping fabric, cutting fabric, sewing rows of string/wool, etc...

Do you like fringing?
What do you think of my draping?

XOXO

No comments: