March 14, 2013

Outfit Two: Patterning.

This is my second final design.
This is the design I've decided to toile for.
I toiled the top/bustier.

I began my toile by tracing out the fitted bodice block, in a size 12. 

This is the beginning of my patterning.

I began my toile by widening the top dart of the front bodice. 
I then drew the rounded shape for the bust section. 

This is the patterning for the back bodice. 

I measured the side of the front bodice to match the back and then I drew a line down to the centre back. I made this half of the side seam length. 

The start of my bustier cup. 

I drew off the cup for my bustier and then decided to change my way of patterning and to reduce the sewing amount.

My new bustier pattern.

Instead of having two darts in the cups I decided the take these out and create one centre seam.

My front bodice adaptation.

For the front I traced the rest of the bodice off and closed the dart.

My final front pattern. 
My back bodice adaptation.

For the back I did the same as on the front and traced it off and closed the dart.

My completed back pattern. 
My final patterns!!
The neck pattern.

I measured around the neck of the mannequin and added an extra 4/5cm for the hook and eyes.
I doubled it as it will be folded like bias binding when sewn. 

So this is the patterning for my bustier.

What do you think?

XOXO



No comments: