March 06, 2013

Turning inspiration into something...

So from my research and inspiration, the modelling on the stand and my shape development I began to draw up designs and ideas.
Here is what I have so far...

I love all of these designs. I think these work really well as an unmatched collection.


I really dislike most of these designs. I think this sheet is my worst so far.


I really like the low open back of the first design on this sheet.
I used the halter neck neckline of the 50's. 

This sheet of designs is my favourite especially the one circled number one.
I like the pattern on the skirt, the shape of the skirt and the hem line. I also like the sharper, box-like lines of the shirt as it contrasts with the flowing, circular shapes of the skirt.

This is a selection of my designs inspired by the 50's with details taken from my Hippie research.

What do you think?

XOXO

No comments: